Some women finish their work and simultaneously clean their kitchen but there are some women who superficially clean their kitchen but leave the cleaning of floor and tiles. In this one thing should be kept in mind, the labour which you are saving today, in return of that you have to sweat a lot more in future. Everyday cleaning ensures that the dirt is not piled up and cleaning of kitchen takes less time. You can make your work easier by dividing the cleaning of kitchen into two parts .
1) Daily cleaning
Wet wipe your kitchen daily. Detergent can be used with water for wiping . Cloth used for wiping should not be dirty. After wiping it is necessary to wash the cloth .
– If there is an army of ants in your house, then add salt to water to be used for wiping.
– If you are cleaning your floor after a gap of some days then use hot water for wiping.
– For better results, after wet wiping do dry wiping on the same floor. By this the floor will shine and dirt will not deposit.
– If something falls on your floor clean it immediately. By doing this stains will not occur.
2) Cleaning of tiles
If you don’t clean your kitchen tiles daily, then one day cleaning can lead you into a problem. There are many things present in our house, by using them we can easily clean our kitchen tiles.
-Vinegar: Mix 2 cup of Vinegar with 2 cup of water n fill the mixture in a clean spray bottle. Spray this mixture on tiles and clean it by the help of a micro fibre cloth. Micro fibre cloth absorbs the dirt better as compared to other cloths and using this also avoids scratch on the surface of tiles.
– Baking Soda: By the use of baking soda you can easily get rid of stains. Make a thick paste of baking soda and water and apply it on the stain. Let it dry for 10-15mins and then clean it using a wet cloth. If stain still persists then an old toothbrush can be used to clean it.
– Bleach or Ammonia: If your tiles are very dirty then mix Bleach and water in equal proportion. Apply this mixture on the surface in a circular fashion. Now clean the tiles with hot water. After this clean the tiles with some dry cloth. Always wear gloves while using Beach.
Often small stains bother you, but you don’t know how to get rid of them. Here are some quick tips for you
– For a spotless bathroom use half cup warm water mixed with borax powder to clean.
– To remove iron rust stain clean with vinegar or lemon juice and rinse with warm water.
– To remove stains from WC leave two denture cleaning tablets for overnight. Then clean it with brush and flush.
– To remove stains from washing tub or shower make a paste of baking soda mixed with water and apply it on the stain. Use an old toothbrush to clean it and rinse with water.
– Wipe with paper towel dipped in vinegar to remove stains around taps, leave it for an hour and then wipe the tap with a dry cotton cloth.
– To clean plastic shower head soak it in a mixture of vinegar and water for an hour and clean with toothbrush.
– Use air freshener to clean the glass. After cleaning, the glass will also have pleasant smell of air freshener.
Wooden flooring is in these days. People do not have much time for home maintenance whereas wooden flooring is very easy to-maintain. Wooden flooring because of its insulating ability lasts for a long time. More importantly it can be fitted in 3-4 hours only. Here are some useful and easy tips to maintain wooden flooring:
- Do not wet wipe wooden floors unless there is dirt which cannot be dry mopped.
- Use vacuum cleaner to clean wooden floors, they should be wet mopped not more than twice in a month.
- Do not wet nor sweep wooden flooring, just use clean damp cloth and wipe it with dry cloth immediately.
- Use vacuum cleaner often so that dust may not settle on the floor.
- Do not use vacuum cleaners with rotator brushes as they may leave scratches on the floor.
- If your wooden floor has wax finish or its finishing has gone dull then use steam cleaner. Keep the intensity of steam at the lowest and do leave cleaner on any part of the floor for too long.
- Use protector pads on all the legs of the furniture placed on wooden flooring.
- Ensure carpet or rugs are not wet, dry them properly in case they get wet.
- Never use wax or ammonia product to clean wooden flooring.
- Never place anything with sharp edges on wooden flooring.
- Pet’s paws, high-heeled shoes also damage the floor. So keep your pet’s nails trimmed and avoid using high heel shoes with pointed or edged shoe soles.
Write to us for any of your query or incase if you have any tips to share e mail us on email@example.com.
You leave no stone unturned while deciding for your home decoration and furnishings choosing high quality paint to expensive interiors. A trace of moisture on your walls can undo all your efforts. Especially in the rainy season when there is high vulnerability with walls to get dampness.
Cracks on wall give birth to dampness. Walls with constant exposure to water have propensity of getting dampness. Another reason for incoming moisture in the walls of houses is usage of poor quality paint. To save some money people opt for inferior quality paint and in turn get dampness on walls of their home This dampness lead to stains on the wall which eventually lead to chipping off the paint from the walls
- Make your house damp safe
Before applying paint on walls remember to get a layer of waterproof cement done on it. Then go for a good quality paint available in the market
- Inspect your walls before getting it painted
People usually do not investigate the health of walls before they get it painted. If you are a victim of such a habit then think again. With time walls get weaker, which is not visible externally. By investigation of walls, one can identify any symptom of dampness which at the early stage are not visible externally. Early detection of dampness can save you from spending huge money in its restoration.
- Why Ventilation is important?
Houses with good ventilation of air tend to have lesser problem of damp walls in their house as they give way to moisture in the air to move out.
Do you find this article useful? Do leave your comments and suggestions. Leave a query if you have any issue related to house cleaning or maintenance.
Lemon, vinegar, baking soda or even salt can be more than useful when it comes to home cleaning; here are some simple tips for a hygienically cleaner home.
- Floors can be cleaned with a solution of 1 cup vinegar per gallon of water for a shinier surface.
- The use of cold drinks with soda can be used as an alternative of toilet cleaner; it is also cheaper and just as effective.
- Imagine a situation when dishwashing soap is just finished, surprisingly salt can be very useful in such a situation.
- To remove soap buildup from faucets, clean with a mixture of 1 part salt to four parts vinegar.
- Vinegar, baking soda and lime slurry is highly effective remedy to remove tough stains on clothes and rust on iron fittings.
- Apply Vinegar for cleaning walls of your bathroom in a solution of baking soda.
- To remove stale smells from food containers, rinse out with hot water and baking soda. If the smell persists, let the container soak overnight in the baking soda and water mixture.
- To avoid clogged drains, pour 1/4 cup baking soda down weekly. Rinse through with hot water
- Stubborn rings resulting from wet glasses being placed on wood furniture may be removed by rubbing with a mixture of equal parts of white distilled vinegar and olive oil. Rub with the grain and polish for the best results.
- Pour a cup of white distilled vinegar down the drain once a week. Let stand 30 minutes and then flush with cold water.
Earlier I talked about the need for a house cleaning plan, now here are few tips to plan your weekly house cleaning.
- Keep aside 2-3 hours for Weekly house cleaning. This may vary depending upon the size of your house.
- Start your house cleaning with kitchen, remove containers and wipe the shelves. Wipe all the containers from outside. Wipe tiles with soap water and then wipe them with dry clothes.
- Clean your refrigerator by removing all stored material.
- For your house to remain dirt free for a longer period always remember to remove dirt instead of blowing it away.
- Wipe off dirt from show pieces, flower vase, lamps, tube lights and fans.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to clean curtains, carpet and sofas.
- Remove sofas, side table or any moveable furniture to clear dust behind and beneath them.
- Use vinegar and lemon to clean water stains from taps and other bathroom fittings.
- Use paper to wipe window glass, mirrors after applying soap water.
- Add baking soda, vinegar and lemon juice in water and scrub with a sponge to get cleaner floor tiles.
Like we have plans for our diet, exercise, savings, it is important to have a plan for maintaining cleanliness at our house. Some places need cleanliness daily, some require weekly attention while some need to be done monthly. Whether you do your house cleaning yourself or hire professional services, make sure that it covers each and every part of your house and at regular intervals.
It is commonly seen that we do deep cleaning of our house only around major festivals such as Diwali, Eid or Christmas. In this situation we give plenty of opportunity to various germs and bacteria to develop in and around our house, which further lead to numerous hygiene threats. Long accumulated water or dust leaves behind stains which are tough to clear. Such spots are also a major source from where multiple allergies arise. Older homes require more attention.
There are certain areas which should be cleaned daily such as cooking area in kitchen and wash rooms. Floor should be mopped daily with disinfectant, while dusting all furniture and places easily approachable. Beds should be re arranged every day dusting off before laying bed sheets again. Then there are places which should be cleaned weekly such as wash room tiles, areas behind and around kitchen sink and cooking area. Similarly there are places which should be cleaned once in a month thoroughly such as fans, electrical fixtures, false ceiling, balconies, taps in kitchen and wash rooms and widow glasses.
Deep cleaning of your house by professionals can be a smart solution as they clean areas which are not approachable to you or your maids and are generally left ignored. They also ensure proper cleaning of wash room flooring and wall tiles which generally get stained due to continuous exposure to water. Water taps and other plumbing fixtures also get water stains which are tough to clean can also be maintained through them. Vacuum cleaning of carpets and curtains is very important and is often ignored.
Following simple routine and taking service of expert keeps your house clean and hygienically safe preventing you and your family from multiple diseases and allergies.