Tamarind can be a very useful cleaning agent for home cleaning.
- If you mix small amount of edible salt with tamarinds then its cleaning strength increases.
- Copper, steel or brass utensils can be cleaned easily and it will regain its shine.
- Kitchen sink turns sticky after cleaning utensils. To remove its stickiness, prepare a paste of tamarind and edible salt and clean the sink using the prepared paste.
- Silver utensils that have turned black because of moisture can be cleaned using tamarind. Tamarind will save your bucks to get it polished again.
- Tamarind sponge is useful to clean old clocks and door bolts.
- Metals affected with rust can be cleaned by Tamarind.
- Kitchen chimney can be cleaned using tamarind water.
Whether it is kitchen, bathroom, outdoor or any goods which requires cleaning, vinegar can be used for every cleaning purpose mainly because of its acidic nature. There are various kinds of vinegar for example apple cider and white vinegar can be used easily. Let’s know how vinegar can be used for the purpose of home cleaning
1. If your kitchen drain has been blocked then take half cup vinegar, baking soda, edible salt and prepare a solution. Clean the sink using this solution, whole blockage will be cleared.
2. If you find foul smell in kitchen then to overcome from smell, take water in a pot, mix vinegar and boil it. This way you can get rid of foul smell from your kitchen.
3. To remove stains from bathtub and wash basin, dip a paper tissue in vinegar and put it on basin without folding the tissue paper. Again put vinegar in the basin and scrub it by sponge.
4. For blocked shower in the bathroom, just open the shower and put it in half cup water and vinegar solution. Blockage will be removed.
5. To keep WC sparkling clean, spread vinegar and baking powder on it. Then scrub it with a brush and flush it.
6. Ceramic tiles will shine like mirror if wiped by a solution prepared with half bucket water and small amount of vinegar.
7. Take water in a small bucket and mix one cup vinegar. Now dip newspaper in the solution and wipe windows. After this, wipe windows through a dry newspaper, so that stain formed by dust soil and other will be cleaned.
8. If you find grass in the courtyard of old house then spread vinegar over it. It will not only stop it to reappear but will also stop ants and insects.
Often small stains bother you, but you don’t know how to get rid of them. Here are some quick tips for you
– For a spotless bathroom use half cup warm water mixed with borax powder to clean.
– To remove iron rust stain clean with vinegar or lemon juice and rinse with warm water.
– To remove stains from WC leave two denture cleaning tablets for overnight. Then clean it with brush and flush.
– To remove stains from washing tub or shower make a paste of baking soda mixed with water and apply it on the stain. Use an old toothbrush to clean it and rinse with water.
– Wipe with paper towel dipped in vinegar to remove stains around taps, leave it for an hour and then wipe the tap with a dry cotton cloth.
– To clean plastic shower head soak it in a mixture of vinegar and water for an hour and clean with toothbrush.
– Use air freshener to clean the glass. After cleaning, the glass will also have pleasant smell of air freshener.
Wooden flooring is in these days. People do not have much time for home maintenance whereas wooden flooring is very easy to-maintain. Wooden flooring because of its insulating ability lasts for a long time. More importantly it can be fitted in 3-4 hours only. Here are some useful and easy tips to maintain wooden flooring:
- Do not wet wipe wooden floors unless there is dirt which cannot be dry mopped.
- Use vacuum cleaner to clean wooden floors, they should be wet mopped not more than twice in a month.
- Do not wet nor sweep wooden flooring, just use clean damp cloth and wipe it with dry cloth immediately.
- Use vacuum cleaner often so that dust may not settle on the floor.
- Do not use vacuum cleaners with rotator brushes as they may leave scratches on the floor.
- If your wooden floor has wax finish or its finishing has gone dull then use steam cleaner. Keep the intensity of steam at the lowest and do leave cleaner on any part of the floor for too long.
- Use protector pads on all the legs of the furniture placed on wooden flooring.
- Ensure carpet or rugs are not wet, dry them properly in case they get wet.
- Never use wax or ammonia product to clean wooden flooring.
- Never place anything with sharp edges on wooden flooring.
- Pet’s paws, high-heeled shoes also damage the floor. So keep your pet’s nails trimmed and avoid using high heel shoes with pointed or edged shoe soles.
Write to us for any of your query or incase if you have any tips to share e mail us on email@example.com.
We love Spiderman but certainly do not want spiders crawling on our wall making webs. Here are some simple techniques to get rid of Spiders from your house.
- A great way to keep spiders out of your home is to never let them in in the first place! Make sure the exterior of your home is free from leaves, grass clippings, wood piles, or any other notorious spider hangout
- Carefully clean all spider webs starting from outside of the house. Corner of walls are most suited place for spiders to live.
- It is important to ensure that your house does not have broken walls or cracks on the wall. Spiders thrive in such places.
- An easy way to keep spiders from invading your space is to fill a spray bottle with peppermint essential oil and water, and then spray it around your home
- Vinegar is a substance that kills insects, but it does not have any adverse impact on human health. You can put vinegar on a cloth dipped in places where spiders are more likely.
- Baking soda can be more than useful in getting rid of spiders. Spiders do not like it’s smell so they tend to stay away from places which have baking soda.
- Citrus oil can be used for removing spiders from home.
- Spiders hate tobacco just about as much as they hate lemons and chestnuts! You can sprinkle small pieces of tobacco where spiders are troublesome, or you can soak tobacco in water and then spray the mixture all around. However, tobacco is pretty
You leave no stone unturned while deciding for your home decoration and furnishings choosing high quality paint to expensive interiors. A trace of moisture on your walls can undo all your efforts. Especially in the rainy season when there is high vulnerability with walls to get dampness.
Cracks on wall give birth to dampness. Walls with constant exposure to water have propensity of getting dampness. Another reason for incoming moisture in the walls of houses is usage of poor quality paint. To save some money people opt for inferior quality paint and in turn get dampness on walls of their home This dampness lead to stains on the wall which eventually lead to chipping off the paint from the walls
- Make your house damp safe
Before applying paint on walls remember to get a layer of waterproof cement done on it. Then go for a good quality paint available in the market
- Inspect your walls before getting it painted
People usually do not investigate the health of walls before they get it painted. If you are a victim of such a habit then think again. With time walls get weaker, which is not visible externally. By investigation of walls, one can identify any symptom of dampness which at the early stage are not visible externally. Early detection of dampness can save you from spending huge money in its restoration.
- Why Ventilation is important?
Houses with good ventilation of air tend to have lesser problem of damp walls in their house as they give way to moisture in the air to move out.
Do you find this article useful? Do leave your comments and suggestions. Leave a query if you have any issue related to house cleaning or maintenance.