Often small stains bother you, but you don’t know how to get rid of them. Here are some quick tips for you
– For a spotless bathroom use half cup warm water mixed with borax powder to clean.
– To remove iron rust stain clean with vinegar or lemon juice and rinse with warm water.
– To remove stains from WC leave two denture cleaning tablets for overnight. Then clean it with brush and flush.
– To remove stains from washing tub or shower make a paste of baking soda mixed with water and apply it on the stain. Use an old toothbrush to clean it and rinse with water.
– Wipe with paper towel dipped in vinegar to remove stains around taps, leave it for an hour and then wipe the tap with a dry cotton cloth.
– To clean plastic shower head soak it in a mixture of vinegar and water for an hour and clean with toothbrush.
– Use air freshener to clean the glass. After cleaning, the glass will also have pleasant smell of air freshener.
Lemon, vinegar, baking soda or even salt can be more than useful when it comes to home cleaning; here are some simple tips for a hygienically cleaner home.
- Floors can be cleaned with a solution of 1 cup vinegar per gallon of water for a shinier surface.
- The use of cold drinks with soda can be used as an alternative of toilet cleaner; it is also cheaper and just as effective.
- Imagine a situation when dishwashing soap is just finished, surprisingly salt can be very useful in such a situation.
- To remove soap buildup from faucets, clean with a mixture of 1 part salt to four parts vinegar.
- Vinegar, baking soda and lime slurry is highly effective remedy to remove tough stains on clothes and rust on iron fittings.
- Apply Vinegar for cleaning walls of your bathroom in a solution of baking soda.
- To remove stale smells from food containers, rinse out with hot water and baking soda. If the smell persists, let the container soak overnight in the baking soda and water mixture.
- To avoid clogged drains, pour 1/4 cup baking soda down weekly. Rinse through with hot water
- Stubborn rings resulting from wet glasses being placed on wood furniture may be removed by rubbing with a mixture of equal parts of white distilled vinegar and olive oil. Rub with the grain and polish for the best results.
- Pour a cup of white distilled vinegar down the drain once a week. Let stand 30 minutes and then flush with cold water.
Earlier I talked about the need for a house cleaning plan, now here are few tips to plan your weekly house cleaning.
- Keep aside 2-3 hours for Weekly house cleaning. This may vary depending upon the size of your house.
- Start your house cleaning with kitchen, remove containers and wipe the shelves. Wipe all the containers from outside. Wipe tiles with soap water and then wipe them with dry clothes.
- Clean your refrigerator by removing all stored material.
- For your house to remain dirt free for a longer period always remember to remove dirt instead of blowing it away.
- Wipe off dirt from show pieces, flower vase, lamps, tube lights and fans.
- Use a vacuum cleaner to clean curtains, carpet and sofas.
- Remove sofas, side table or any moveable furniture to clear dust behind and beneath them.
- Use vinegar and lemon to clean water stains from taps and other bathroom fittings.
- Use paper to wipe window glass, mirrors after applying soap water.
- Add baking soda, vinegar and lemon juice in water and scrub with a sponge to get cleaner floor tiles.