Wooden flooring is in these days. People do not have much time for home maintenance whereas wooden flooring is very easy to-maintain. Wooden flooring because of its insulating ability lasts for a long time. More importantly it can be fitted in 3-4 hours only. Here are some useful and easy tips to maintain wooden flooring:
- Do not wet wipe wooden floors unless there is dirt which cannot be dry mopped.
- Use vacuum cleaner to clean wooden floors, they should be wet mopped not more than twice in a month.
- Do not wet nor sweep wooden flooring, just use clean damp cloth and wipe it with dry cloth immediately.
- Use vacuum cleaner often so that dust may not settle on the floor.
- Do not use vacuum cleaners with rotator brushes as they may leave scratches on the floor.
- If your wooden floor has wax finish or its finishing has gone dull then use steam cleaner. Keep the intensity of steam at the lowest and do leave cleaner on any part of the floor for too long.
- Use protector pads on all the legs of the furniture placed on wooden flooring.
- Ensure carpet or rugs are not wet, dry them properly in case they get wet.
- Never use wax or ammonia product to clean wooden flooring.
- Never place anything with sharp edges on wooden flooring.
- Pet’s paws, high-heeled shoes also damage the floor. So keep your pet’s nails trimmed and avoid using high heel shoes with pointed or edged shoe soles.
Write to us for any of your query or incase if you have any tips to share e mail us on email@example.com.
Lemon, vinegar, baking soda or even salt can be more than useful when it comes to home cleaning; here are some simple tips for a hygienically cleaner home.
- Floors can be cleaned with a solution of 1 cup vinegar per gallon of water for a shinier surface.
- The use of cold drinks with soda can be used as an alternative of toilet cleaner; it is also cheaper and just as effective.
- Imagine a situation when dishwashing soap is just finished, surprisingly salt can be very useful in such a situation.
- To remove soap buildup from faucets, clean with a mixture of 1 part salt to four parts vinegar.
- Vinegar, baking soda and lime slurry is highly effective remedy to remove tough stains on clothes and rust on iron fittings.
- Apply Vinegar for cleaning walls of your bathroom in a solution of baking soda.
- To remove stale smells from food containers, rinse out with hot water and baking soda. If the smell persists, let the container soak overnight in the baking soda and water mixture.
- To avoid clogged drains, pour 1/4 cup baking soda down weekly. Rinse through with hot water
- Stubborn rings resulting from wet glasses being placed on wood furniture may be removed by rubbing with a mixture of equal parts of white distilled vinegar and olive oil. Rub with the grain and polish for the best results.
- Pour a cup of white distilled vinegar down the drain once a week. Let stand 30 minutes and then flush with cold water.
Termites are the biggest enemies of wooden furniture. There are many precautions which can be taken to avoid them however there are specialised services that can be availed to get rid of them. Their packages range from one time to annual contract, cost depending upon the size of your home.
The main meal of termites is wood, leaves, grass or things made out of trees. Termites feed on wood and leather goods. Termites live in hot, humid and dark places. Chair, table, door, window, etc. are often destroyed by termites. Carpets, blankets, carpets and books are also not spared by them.
They sneak inside from a corner and eat up all the inner content leaving it hollow. In case of wooden floorings in home, we should ensure that they are not left moist and are well polished. Failing to do so, moisture expands, which increases the risk of getting termites. It is important that we do not store wood and paper inside our home. The most appropriate place for termites to grow is wooden furniture, which have been kept close to the wall and around which maintaining cleanliness is tough.
There are some remedies which one can practice on regular basis to avoid termites. Clean wooden furniture with detergent mixed in luke warm water every month. Apply liquid pesticide every two weeks and sometimes polish it with a mix of turpentine oil and vinegar. Wherever you feel there is an outbreak of termites sprinkling of salt on it can be of great help. Keep your furniture out in sun for 4 hours in case it is infected by termites. Then spray termite resistant chemicals on the furniture.
There are many companies providing their professional services to keep your home termite safe. They provide varied packages from one time service to long term contract. It is always advisable to go for an annual contract which gives you advantage of regular check up by professional servicemen.
Do leave your learnings or queries in the comment section below from this article, our expert will be happy to help:)